Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up– The Not So Good Week

Spring Recital is done and things are winding down.  I’d promised backstage photos, but alas, I was too busy backstage to take any.   Monday the girls and I helped repack all the costumes and props and get the ballet studio back together.

I began having issues with breathing while at Olivia’s ballet class Monday evening.   I assumed I was sitting near a “cat lady” as it felt like the onset of an allergy attack.  (I’m dreadfully allergic to cats.)  Late Monday night into early Tuesday morning I was gasping for air and my chest began to hurt.  It was bad.

It wasn’t long until I found myself hooked up to an EKG machine and began a round of tests and a breathing treatment.   The breathing treatment took about 30 minutes to take hold, but then my airways opened up and I was able to breathe normally.   This also allowed my blood pressure to regulate, as it had gotten pretty darn high.  Once the BP regulated, the chest pain stopped.

The good news is the EKG was fine, there’s no sign of anything at all.   It appears that it really was an allergic reaction that went dreadfully too far.  I now have an emergency inhaler to carry with me.

The bad news is that I’ve been incredibly fatigued and just not myself this week.   I had to cancel a few commitments, and I’ve took a few naps, and had the girls help out a lot more than normal around the house.

Next week I hope to have some more homeschool things to share, but for now, this is where I am.

I hope you’ve all had a great week!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!