Pages

Friday, September 23, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - Fall Arrives!

Monday was regular school and work for everyone.  In the evening we were traveling for a volleyball game.  The team played out near where my brother lives, so he came and watched the game with us.  Poor Lindsey tends to get motion sick, and the long bus drive (2 hours by bus) was enough to trigger her stomach.  She was able to regroup and played a great game.  The girls won three straight games to take the match for the night.  Olivia was farm sitting in addition to her regular schedule, so she wasn't able to go with us.

Tuesday was pretty much a regular day.  I met my friend Yvette for lunch at a new place in town.  They have the BEST fried pickles ever, with just a bit of bite to them.  The evening's volleyball game was cancelled, so jiu-jitsu was the only thing going on, and I got to stay home.  Score!

Wednesday was just a regular school and work day with church in the evening.  The girls had some down time, which was nice for a change for them.

Thursday I did my morning grocery run.  Prices are absurd!!  Some things have doubled, some go up 25-50 cents weekly.  Finding my coffee creamer has been fruitless.  I'm not a pumpkin spice gal, and apparently that's the only thing the stores seem to have stocked well.  Lots of empty spots on shelves. Lindsey knocked out her school work and helped me clean house afterwards.  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening.  Olivia has started coaching the kid classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and this week one of her kids earned a new stripe on his belt.

Friday was a lovely fall morning, with our temperatures in the 40's!!  It was glorious.  I had an early morning appointment, followed by a church lady luncheon (80th birthday celebration for one of our ladies).  The evening and Saturday will consist of an out of town volleyball tournament.

Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I just did a "quick" grocery run this morning just for fresh fruits and veggies for salad and spent over $100! It's crazy that I only had 2 bags of food. Lots of bare spots on shelves.. I mean I can usually find a suitable substitute but I miss just having my favorite brands, flavors, and variety. I am loving having 2 drivers in the house and getting to spend more evening/time at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!