Pages

Friday, October 7, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - End of an Era

Rains from storm "Ian" moved through our area Saturday and Sunday.  The temperatures outside have been hovering around 50 degrees, so it's damp, stick to you kind of cold.  I'm officially playing the "Let's see how long we can last before we turn the heat on" game that happens every fall in Virginia.   Everyone was working Saturday, so the dog and I spent our day reading and napping, and having tea.  As the cold weather moves in, tea becomes my beverage of choice.  The little teapot warmer adds ambiance, and keeps my tea warm.  Ginger peach was the flavor of the day.

Monday we actually had a break in the rain, and temps made it above 60.  Lindsey slept a little later than usual, but still finished up her school work early in the morning.  I put a pot of split pea soup in the crockpot first thing so we'd have dinner waiting on us when we got home from volleyball.  Olivia hustled to get the evening horse work done and rushed across the county to see the game.  I took her a big bowl of warm soup for dinner, which she was very happy about.  It was our last varsity game of the season, and so it was "Senior Night" and they honored Lindsey.

This photo of Lindsey & Coach B. sums up the relationship the coach has with her team, and the team she's built.

Tuesday after school, Lindsey had a dentist appointment.  It's weird to me for "the baby" to drive herself to her own appointments now.  I worked on laundry and cleaned and organized the basement a bit.  I need to work on my scrapbooking now that I've decluttered that area.  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening.  Lindsey will be testing for her blue belt in November, so she's working on that.

Wednesday morning was our regular school and house work. Lindsey went to volleyball practice in the afternoon to help the middle school and JV teams prepare for end of season tournaments.  Church wrapped up my evening.

Thursday was regular school and grocery day.  In the early afternoon, Lindsey and I went to a funeral. Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening.  Olivia came home for a quick shower before heading off to class.

Friday morning lessons went quickly.  Laundry, housework and gardening are all on schedule for the rest of the day.  Olivia will be home this evening, after being gone for two weeks.  

Have a great weekend!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!