Pages

Friday, October 28, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up - Good Bye October

October has absolutely flown by.  The crispness of fall is changing into a more heavy cold.  The leaves are still beautifully colored here, but are now more subdued, darker shades than the vibrant colors from a few weeks ago.

Monday Lindsey worked at the museum all day.  Olivia left in early afternoon to go to her farm sitting site for the week.  School work was completed before and after the museum.  I worked on laundry and house cleaning.  I am amazed at how much hair Shalom sheds!  I sweep the sunporch and adjoining rooms at least once a day and yet there's always hair in the dustpan.  

Tuesday was a regular school day for Lindsey.  She had her first official Lantern Tour play practice from 4-5.  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening for both girls.  I'd made a crockpot full of pulled pork barbeque so everyone could eat as they came and went. Olivia stopped by after jiu-jitsu to grab dinner before heading back out to the farm.

Wednesday was a regular school day.  Late morning Lindsey and I headed out, swung by and picked Olivia up and headed out to meet up with friends for a trip to the jump park and lunch.  Honestly, they could have all driven themselves, but they still like hanging out with the moms, so Yvette and I went too.  We also found a playground (yes seriously) right behingd the jump place that has a zip line.  






I got some of the funniest videos of Lindsey on the zip line.  I've watched them over and over and laugh every time.  She's a screamer!

We went out for pizza afterwards, then we dropped Olivia off at the farm for the afternoon feeding before we made the trek back home.  Church wrapped up my evening.

Thursday was regular school and grocery shopping.  Olivia came home mid-day, and has a day and a half off work.  Jiu-jitsu wrapped up the evening for the girls.  I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it, but Olivia is now officially listed as an instructor at their gym, complete with her own key to the facility.

Friday morning the heat/ac guy came to do our fall maintenance on the unit.  It's a 23 year old unit, but works fine (maybe not as efficient as it once was) but thank God we don't need to replace it. Olivia went to get her passport processed and updated. Since she was under 16 when she got the first one, she had to go through the entire process again instead of just renewing by mail.  She's planning a trip to Europe in 2023, so this was the first big thing out of the way.   Both girls have events with different sets of friends this evening.

Have a great weekend, and a safe Halloween!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I love that the girls still want their moms along! My boys are not like that and are happy to drive and meet up with their friends without us.... I miss some of my old homeschooling moms so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, my girls would have been fine either way, the boys tend to want their mom to go. I think it's their way of being like "this is just us hanging out, this is in no way a date".

      Delete
  2. I love hearing that the girls still like to hang with you all. Mine does too. A trip to Europe sounds amazing.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!